Are you drinking enough water?
Most health experts recommend that you drink at least two liters, a half gallon, of water everyday. The body is made up of about 60 percent water, so when you aren’t getting enough water it is not going to work properly. Many people are amazed at how they look and feel once they start drinking the proper amount of water.
Here are 6 reasons you should start drinking more water today:
1. It helps reduce fatigue. Fatigue is one of the first signs of dehydration!
2. Helps relieve headaches and migraines. Headaches and Migraines usually occur because of dehydration.
3. Helps you lose weight. Drinking a glass of water before you eat can make you feel full, thus making you eat less.
4. Glowing skin It helps replenish tissues and moisturizes your skin, giving it a youthful glow.
5. Prevents cramps when exercising. It keeps your muscles and joints lubricated which can help prevent cramping.
6. Relieves hangover. Water has always been known as a hangover aid, but drinking plenty of water after a night of drinking will help you feel better in the morning.
Drinking half a gallon of water can seem like a daunting task. If you have trouble drinking water throughout the day, set small goals for every few hours. There are even several phone apps to help you track your water intake.
If the taste bothers you, try adding lemon or berries to help give it a great flavor. You can also increase you water intake by eating water rich foods such as lettuce, cucumbers, strawberries or watermelon.